Research in the basin analysis group focuses on the following areas:
1. Fluvial architecture, sequence stratigraphy, and reservoir studies.
2. Sequence stratigraphy of the Cretaceous-Tertiary record of the Alberta
3. Sequence stratigraphy and the global cycle chart. Problems with the
stratigraphic concepts surrounding the model of global eustasy, and the
value of the Exxon global cycle chart.
4. The social construction of the earth sciences (Collaboration with C.
E. Miall, Department of Sociology, McMaster University)
Other professional activities:
1. NATO's "Committee on the Challenges of Modern Society"
2. Royal Society of Canada Symposium on "Energy, Environment and
Society: Making Choices", 25th November, 2003